Version: 30 October 2019
Responsible body in the sense of the data protection laws (DSG), in particular the European Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO/GDPR, https://dsgvo-gesetz.de/) is:
Prof. Bruhn & Partner AG
phone: +41 61 273 47 10
Represented by the Executive Board
Prof. Dr. Dr. H.C. Mult. Manfred Bruhn
Data Protection Officer
Dr. Mareike Ahlers
Commercial register no.
Your data subject rights
According to DSGVO/GDPR (European Data Protection Regulation) Chapter 3 Article 13 and following (https://dsgvo-gesetz.de/), you are entitled to these rights, among others:
- Right to information - about the type of personal data stored by us
- Right to rectification - of personal data held by us that is incorrect
- Right of deletion - of your personal data stored by us
- Restriction of processing - if your personal data cannot/should not be deleted
- Right of objection - against the processing of your personal data
- Data portability - You will receive your personal data in readable form as it is stored by us
You are not obliged to provide us with personal data, unless we need them with your express consent for the conclusion of contracts or services requested by you, which would not work without personal data.
List of supervisory authorities in case of complaints or breaches of the General Data Protection Regulation:
Data processing purposes
We only process your personal data stored by us for the purposes stated in this data protection declaration. We do not share your personal information with third parties except:
- You have given us your express consent to do so
- the processing of a contract with you makes it necessary to
- to fulfil legal obligations
We also process personal data if there is a legitimate interest in doing so and there is no reason to believe that you have a predominantly legitimate interest that your data not be processed or disclosed.
Collection of data during the visit of our websites
When you visit our websites, information about your web browser is automatically collected and stored. Among other things, the following information is collected: the web browser used, the operating system used, the domain name of the Internet service provider and other information of a general nature that does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about you as a person.
The exchange of this information is technically required in order to be able to correctly deliver the website content requested by you. The web server web browser exchange ensures the following, among other things:
- Smooth connection of the website
- Smooth use of the website
- Evaluations for stability and safety
The analysis of this anonymous information is needed to optimise our websites and the associated technology.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are used on our websites. Cookies are small text files that are transferred from the web server to your web browser and stored on the hard disk. Cookies are used, among other things, to save settings you have made so that they can be automatically retrieved later. This includes, for example:
- saving goods in the shopping cart
- the saving of form contents
- saving settings (e.g. language setting)
- the storage of analysis data
Secured websites with HTTPS
The transmission of data on our websites is partially encrypted. You can recognise an encrypted transmission by the HTTPS and a lock symbol in the web browser address bar (input bar). The encryption is intended to prevent the transmitted content from being read. Encryption methods are used that correspond to the current state of the art.
Contact form and e-mail
If you contact us via contact form or e-mail, we will receive your e-mail address and, if applicable, further information for the purpose of contacting you. We use this e-mail address for the purpose of processing the request and possible follow-up conversation. The e-mails and addresses remain stored on our computers for possible future contact. If you do not want your emails and address to remain on our computers, please let us know and we will remove them (where permitted by law).
These websites use «Google Analytics». Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as Google). Google Analytics cookies are used to analyse the use of our websites. This analysis data is usually stored and evaluated on foreign servers (USA). You can prevent Google Analytics from evaluating your activities on our websites by installing this web browser plugin:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
You can find additional information about Google Analytics at this address: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de
These web pages use «Google reCAPTCHA». reCAPTCHA is a captcha service from Google that protects our forms from misuse by non-human visitors (bots).
When using reCAPTCHA, data is transmitted to Google to determine whether you are a human or a bot.
The following data is transmitted to Google:
- Referrer URL
- IP address
- Information about the operating system
- Language settings of your computer
- Screen resolution
- Mouse and keyboard behaviour
If you are logged in to the browser with your Google account, the data transmitted may be combined with other data from Google.
This website uses the marketing automation software «Caymland M4» from Caymland Technologies AG, based in St. Gallen, Switzerland. «Caymland M4» is a cloud-based software solution with hosting and servers in Switzerland.
Marketing Automation is a software-based method to automate marketing processes. It involves enriching user profiles based on user behaviour on our websites with information to set up automated campaign processes for individual communications.
This information includes:
- Your email address if you provide it to us via a form on the website.
- Accesses, length of stay, pages visited
- Analysis of the use of our newsletter
- IP address of your device (in anonymised form)
- Device type, screen size, geo-information (approximate)
- Device fingerprint
We use the software for, among other things:
- our forms (e.g. subscribing to newsletters, the contact form)
- for downloading files (e.g. whitepapers, PDF, etc.)
- for landing pages that can be used as part of an advertising campaign
- for our CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
You can find more information about «Caymland M4» here: https://caymland-m4.ch
Social media icons
Social media icons are sometimes placed on our websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and others. These icons are inactive and contain only links to the corresponding services. If you are registered with the corresponding service, e.g. Facebook, it will log your surfing behaviour and use the information, for example, to play advertising relevant to you. The responsibility of the personal user data then lies with this operator and is carried out according to its data protection regulations.
Retention period of personal data
As long as it is necessary, we store and process your personal data. The duration depends on:
- the duration of the entire business relationship
- the contractual obligations
- the legal obligation to keep records and documentation
If your personal data is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes, it will be deleted as far as possible.
Prof. Bruhn & Partner AG
Phone: +41 61 273 47 10